Summer’s turning into fall – and school’s fast approaching! Need a stupendous way to show off your child’s first day of school photos? Of course you do!
Here’s an incredibly easy DIY project for those quiet moments to yourself (yes, those moments do exist!) Or you can invite your little sidekick to join along and instill the power of teamwork at an early age.
What you’ll need:
- Photos of your child on their first day of school
9”x12” sheet of Strathmore watercolor paper 300 series
Scrapbooking papers in different colors or designs
Stickers and ribbon (optional)
Double-sided tape for photos
Note: Craft stores, like Michaels, carry the Strathmore watercolor paper that comes in a 15-sheet pack.
Let’s get started!
1. Cut or tear the scrapbook papers into different sizes and shapes and glue them to the watercolor paper. I squeeze a small drop of Mod Podge onto the back of each piece of paper, then apply it to the watercolor paper. Just apply the papers randomly to create a colorful collage. This is where your child can get in on the action!
2. Once the paper collage is done, use the double-sided tape to add the photo(s) to the collage. You can use Google’s photo editor, Picasa, (free) to add text to the photo before using Kicksend to get it printed.
3. Add ribbon to frame the photo. The bright green against the blue really makes it pop here! If your child has stickers, feel free to add those here as well.
4. Display your masterpiece by framing it. For a less expensive route, hang it up on the wall with clear push pins. Voila!
You can create tons more of these similar collages with photos and the remaining watercolor/scrapbook paper taken throughout the school year. Encourage your child to add doodles, quotes or other markers of their experience for that year!
Have you ever made a collage like this? Let us know in the comments below!
P.S. We bet Grandma and Grandpa (and Aunt Helen over in Boca Raton) would LOVE to see your youngster’s first day of school photos. Just go to https://kicksend.com/print-photos or use the Kicksend app to mail them on over!