Free app provides a private way to send full quality photos and videos on mobile, web and desktop
Mountain View, CA, May 15, 2012 – Kicksend offers a private, beautiful and easy way to send full quality photos and videos from any device. Today, the Y Combinator-incubated startup launched a new version of its popular web app. The company also announced that its mobile, web and desktop apps are now available completely free of charge.
Everyone has a camera and video-recorder in their pocket but we all have different ideas about what we want shared publicly and when. Whether it’s pictures of our families, our friends blowing off some steam at a party, or even that girls weekend in Vegas – there are real consequences to our public sharing addiction.
“Over the past few years, it’s gotten easier to take large numbers of high quality photos and videos and blast them out to everyone you know,” said Pradeep Elankumaran, CEO of Kicksend. “However, sharing those photos with a subset of your contacts or sending full quality personal images to just your family members is still remarkably difficult. That’s where we come in.”
New Web App
At Kicksend, we want to make it easy for you to send anything from anywhere to anyone, without compromises. The newly redesigned Kicksend web interface provides an intuitive and beautiful way to send, receive and organize your personal files online.
* Private – Send photos or videos directly to friends and family.
* Lists – Lists make it quick and easy to send files to groups of people
* Comments – With in-app commenting, you can leave notes for the people sending you files and have a conversation
* File type agnostic – Send any type of file to any email address.
* Simple – Refreshed interface and built-in organizer make sending and receiving files a breeze
Kicksend is great for sending large batches of photos and videos to loved ones. While popular email clients limit both the size and number of files that you can send, Kicksend is specifically designed for big files (like videos) and large batches of files (like vacation photos). Starting today, you can send and receive to your heart’s content. For free.
Under the old pricing model, Kicksend’s introductory plan allowed users to send up to 1 gig per month for free, with additional plans available for users who wanted to send more than 1 gig per month. In the updated model, users can send an unlimited number of files at no cost, on all of our platforms.
* Web: access all of your Kicksend files, anywhere you go.
* Mobile: the only iPhone app that lets you send large batches of full quality photos directly from your phone.
* Desktop: drag and drop hundreds of photos and files of any size and keep received files organized on your hard drive.
Kicksend makes it easy to send private photos, videos and other files to people you love. It’s a simple way to share large batches of full quality files on the web, mobile and desktop. Kicksend was founded in 2011, was incubated at Y Combinator and then secured seed funding from True Ventures with participation from Digital Garage, SV Angel, Start Fund and Jack Abraham, the CEO of Milo.com. Kicksend offices are located in Mountain View, CA. Go to www.kicksend.com for more information.
Visit www.kicksend.com/media_kit for hi res logos and screenshots of the new interface.